A Bit About Me -- with thanks to my stepson, Devin Servis

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wednesday in The Week of The 7th Sunday of Easter (05/27/09)

I am asking on their behalf; I am not asking on behalf of the world, but on behalf of those whom you gave me, because they are yours.
--1 John 5:9-13


Read it, study it, meditate on it long enough and the Scriptures never stop giving you new angles and different ways of looking at things. Jesus is praying to His Father. He speaks of those whom the Father gave Him. That would be the disciples. By extension, that is you and me.
We are God's gift to Jesus, and Jesus is praying with these gifts that He has received -- you and me -- in mind.


When you've gone through a particularly difficult time in life, perhaps you've had a friend or family member say something like this: "I'll be thinking of you" or "I'll be praying for you." Such phrases may seem little more than something appropriate to say. But for the Christian, they are nourishing rain on a dry soul. They are said in the way of Jesus who practices what He teaches. He prays for us.


PD

No comments:

Post a Comment