A Bit About Me -- with thanks to my stepson, Devin Servis

Saturday, May 2, 2009

The 4th Sunday of Easter (05/03/09)

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters; he restores my soul.
--Psalm 23:1-3


A blessed and happy 4th Sunday of Easter to you! The celebration of the resurrection of Christ continues, and this week the focus is on Jesus as the Good Shepherd. No wonder that this day has been called "Good Shepherd Sunday."


King David was a shepherd-boy when he was young. Psalm 23 is attributed to him. Personally, I still love to hear it read in the King James version; modern translations and paraphrases just don't seem to do it justice. Later in the week, I'll have a suggestion on a book for you to read. It's very short and easy to take in. It will tell you what shepherding was -- and is! -- like. Stay tuned!


For today, we learn that we have a shepherd that takes note of our outward circumstances (I shall not wantj) and our inner realities (He restores my soul). And a bonus: there are green pastures and still waters in a burned out and stagnant world!


PD

No comments:

Post a Comment